RULES & PROCEDURES
Bill Lunsford-PDCA Scholarship Fund
Eligibility Rules and Application Procedures
- An active and honorary PDCA member in good standing must nominate candidates for an award from the Bill Lunsford PDCA Scholarship Fund. Such nominations must be made in writing, addressed to the Board of Trustees of the Bill Lunsford - PDCA Scholarship Fund, to Arizona Council, Painting and Decorating Contractors of America, 18521 E Queen Creek Rd Ste 105-299
Queen Creek, AZ 85142-5829 or faxed to (800) 994-7322. The nomination must set forth the name, address, age and telephone number of the candidate, the level of schooling to which the award will be applied (i.e. trade school, community college, college, graduate school) and the name of the school or institution, if known, where he or she has been accepted or enrolled. The communication must also contain a statement of the general qualifications of the applicant. The nominating party should emphasize any facts that he or she feels might enlighten and inform the Trustees relative to the individual nominated.
To be eligible for a scholarship award, candidates:
- Must be nominated by an active or honorary Arizona Council PDCA member in good standing.
- Must at the time of application be at least in the senior year of high school.
- Must be no more than 24 years of age.
- Must pledge to use any scholarship award granted toward trade school, community college, college or post-graduate studies.
- Are not required to be a member of the PDCA, related to a PDCA member or employee of a PDCA member, or to have any other connection with the PDCA.
- In no case shall a recipient be eligible to receive an award for more than two years.
Subject to the above requirements, any individual shall be eligible for a scholarship award.
- All required application materials (nomination letter, completed application, 100-word essay, and additional letters of recommendation) must be submitted in one complete packet and forwarded to the Trustees at the address in #1 above between September 1st and December 31st in order to be eligible for consideration by the Trustees. Packets, which are postmarked after the established date, will automatically disqualified. No exceptions.
- The Trustees will make annual awards based upon character, financial need, and upon full or part-time attendance in an accredited trade school, community college, college, university or post-graduate institution.
The Trustees reserve the right to investigate and verify any information or data submitted by candidate.
- The Trustees shall, in their absolute discretion, select the recipients of these awards (to be known as the Bill Lunsford PDCA Scholarship Award) as well as determine the number of eligible recipients each year.
- Announcement of the awards shall be communicated and publicized on or before the ending of one-hundred-twenty days after announced cutoff date for applications. The Trustees reserve the right to make the award in the form of a check payable to the institution attended by the successful candidate. All awards will be accompanied by such other means of recognition of the successful candidates status as may be prescribed by the Trustees.